1.30.2008

reports from week three

two days after bringing my computer home from the apple store with a shiny new logic board and keyboard, it started playing the same old games it played before i took it in. so, i head back to store and genius bar (repair center) tomorrow with stern words in tow. i need this computer to work! in the meantime, i've been battling public computers and borrowing friend's computers. and computing less. which is probably okay.

there have been some good things in motion this week, including lunch with a prof i'd never actually met but heard from everyone i talked to that i should meet. we had a lot to talk about! it was good to talk to someone older who'd been sort of where i want to go, is teaching the theory of what fascinates me, and is willing to be a sounding board. every now and then i think that what i'm interested in studying and perhaps doing with my life is either made up or too vague to even begin to relate to someone with, but i'm slowly finding this is not the case. someday soon i'll write a big thesis to get it out in words, but at the moment, it's just the intersection of ideas.

my schedule has evened out nicely, though, and goes as follows:
rhetorical theory
gender and social institutions (a quad)
psychology of religion
Christian thought
stellar astronomy (b quad)

the work of my grandfather has been referenced a few times in my psych of religion class, and it might quickly become my favorite.

weather is cold, snowy, and very sad. it's making me miss sydney heaps and wondering about how to get back!

much love.

No comments: