4.09.2008

the computer saga



from january to march, i wept over my poor broken laptop. the circa 2005 ibook g4 had its logic board replaced three times, and still didn't work. thanks to the insurance plan we purchased with it, repairs and replacements didn't cost a thing. when the support team at apple heard what i'd gone through, they decided to grant me a full computer replacement. apple is obligated to give me the same or better from what i had, but they don't really make ibooks anymore. so they upgraded me! all i had to do was send in the old to receive the new. just before spring break, i packed my lappy in a box and bid it adieu. some people have pets, some people have actual children, i have my computer. it was a sad day.



a week later my new computer was waiting for me.



a shiny, clean, new, and billion times more powerful macbook. (of course, it's still in the packaging here).



ever since then, i've been a computing madperson. i've been chatting with international friends (who can see my face for the first time in months!), writing papers wherever and whenever i want, and tweaking my interface to my sheer joy. it's a great machine and i couldn't be happier with it. i shall always remember my first little lappy, though, and hope it's in a better place now.

and that, ladies and gents, is the story of a computer: your first promised post.

No comments: