8.10.2007

vlog and the truth (i.e. complaining)

okay. so i took this video around noon on friday, when everything was pretty good. the sun was shining, it was warm, i had just finished the oral presentation i was up far too late working on, and i had the day to wander as i pleased and forget homework for a little while.

the truth is i had developed a small but deep cough. through the day it developed. right now, i'm nursing a jacked up voice, achey crap, chills, cough. and the building blocks of a nice little illness. or something.

on top of that, i something happened to my knee on like, the fourth day in (yeah, like three weeks ago). i wish it was an injury, but it isn't. it's like i was walking one day, it kinda was bugging me, walking the next day and it hurt more, and by the next day i was nearly unwalkable. stairs, standing after sitting, sitting for long amounts of time. i've been to the doctor who was like, it's anterior muscle pain, here are some exercises and painkillers, have fun. yeah. two weeks later now and progress is very slow. it's still bothering me, but i can walk fair enough, stairs are a problem. swelling. popping. grinding.
i just want to be able to move normally. that's all, really.

so here's a video of when things were good today. i'm going to take some tylenol pm and crash.



i've been thinking about you a lot recently, wishing i was there to be with you during this time. wishing i could rejoice with you, encourage you, mourn with you, plan and pack with you. you are precious.

1 comment:

3 said...

Not to be the over-eager commenter, but I'm in a similar timezone, so I get dibs.

Being sick away from home is so desolate. Those are the times I most want my mom to come and take care of me. Of course, they're also the least possible times for that to happen.

I want you to know how good it is to see a familiar face talking honestly. I've been Skypeing a little, but a vlog is nice. I am jealous that I can't do the same because of security concerns. Maybe I'll be able to put up some pics soon.

I'm changing locations a lot in the next 2 weeks. Remember me, if you will.

3